For someone with anxiety, life during COVID-19 can be downright challenging. Staying calm is critical for both your sanity and for those around you, especially if you are quarantined.
I truly believe my meditation practice is paying off. I use Sam Harris Wakingup app, but can also happily recommend Tara Brach’s podcast as well as Headspace. I’ve tried them all and just simply prefer Wakingup since there is a new, daily meditation.
The other thing I’ve done is to study the Stoics. I read The Daily Stoic email newsletter which provides a terrific foundation and reminders as to how to think, act and lead during these challenging times.
Outside of that, here are some of the things I’ve tried to do to remain calm:
- Limit the amount of news I read or watch.
- Stay off Twitter.
- Go for a walk or exercise every day for at least 10 or 15 minutes.
- Read for a few minutes every night before bed.
- Forgive myself for eating an extra piece of chocolate or a bag of chips.
- Remind myself that this too shall pass.
Staying calm during Coronavirus is hard, but doable. What are you doing to stay calm?